Friday, January 27, 2012

free dog

so there, i said it
i felt it...i dreamt it...
conjuring my blood to the surface
of my canvased flesh and papered tables,
fingerpainting words i once buried
like an amnesiac dog buried bones
years before, and layed over them wide awake
and not knowing how close he was to his pain,
his solace, his joy.

but now it's done
and I want it
to burn..all of it...and bury it all again...
and move on this time, leaving it all behind
as i will come to life in a grand presentation of
reinvention, rebirth, and at last simply someone
you will understand and love and know that
even with nothing else but the dirty clothes on my back...i am enough.

I said...what
i needed to...now I burn
                               bury
                               forgive
                               and
                               walk

to the next destination,
like a dog...once again,
that everyone thinks is lost
but he is only
free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment