Monday, December 9, 2013

DIRTY PRINTS IN THE SNOW (31 days of faith...Day 8)

  

     Well since I have to catch up from the weekend still, I thought I would share a poem I wrote quite awhile ago.  The poem sort of touches on part of the subject matter of yesterday's blog....though I wrote yesterday's blog today so it's still fresh in my mind.  Yeah I know....complicated....if you're not keeping up with this saga, it's definitely ok to just start from here, and forget what I just said.

     And here we go...this one doesn't appear on either of my spoken word albums....I wasn't sure about it when I was making the choices of what to record....but tonight I like it....and it reminds me of my home back east in new jersey, that just got quite a bit of snow from what I can tell in old friends facebook pictures...

     And it reminds me of who I dream of being....I will dream of snow tonight...and the crunch of footsteps that i will leave on my journey....



Untainted Snow

Give me the courage to walk in untainted snow
To leave my prints where none were before…
I see it all, a little to the left,
As clear as the dreams of God on a moonless night.

I claim humility as I refuse to step forward
And destroy this perfect moment
That will never be meant to be touched.
It is only meant to move me into understanding
That each snowflake has its place
And is so much greater than I.

Then I see the shadow of a creature…maybe a deer,
That startles me awake from this lie lived in fear.
As this shadow makes it’s way across the snow
The perfection is still there, as it was before.

The prints were part of His plan…and it could’ve been me.

Then I run like hell, or more like a gazelle,
Through the woods-through the night
Praying this lucid moment stays
As I give speed from my fright.

Then it happens I am lost again
Not knowing who or where I am.
Not knowing that in the view from above
I have left paths for all who will come.

But give me the courage to be aware,
That I am here because you placed me here.

And give me the courage to understand
That my dirty prints in your untainted snow
Are all a part of your plan.


 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/briangaskill2

No comments:

Post a Comment