Monday, December 9, 2013

REALITY IS EVERYWHERE (31 days of faith....day 7)

 
     Ok, it's time to play catch up.   it's Monday night, and I'm now writing Sunday's blog.  Ughh...  I am going to cheat.  I have to.  Or maybe it's not "cheating"... You ever do that?  Get behind on something and then feel bad, and in order to fix the problem, you end up doing something that you feel you have to make an excuse for?  That you are not perfect and kinda had to cheat a little...and so on?  But what if we truly operated under the idea that there was a reason for everything.  Sometimes that reason is a lesson to do better next time... And SOMETIMES that reason was that other things were meant to occur....things outside your plan...and when you continue to stay focused on what you are missing and what you are behind in....that is all you will see...right?   Something like that.

     I'm always hearing that when you focus on the negative, you create more negative.  If you focus on the positive, you create more positive....it's the "SECRET" of life in case you haven't heard about it.  Hey I think it's valid...I'm sure it often is.  But I think I just realized something that is even more obvious, and tangible...not metaphysical, but actually physical....

     Imagine this.  Something terrible happens....or your life simply is not going the direction you want it to.  You see nothing that you like...nothing that helps...all you are focused on is what is wrong.  What if it wasn't that focusing on that created more of that...but simply that, if that is all you are focusing on, then THAT is your entire reality.   But you see REALITY is not defined as YOUR entire reality...but just REALITY....REALITY is everywhere...outside of your own perception...so I'm just saying this...TURN YOUR HEAD...look someplace else....a new direction.

     There are amazing things happening all around us....and even to us.   That's just a reality...not even magic.  So if you are a cynic, this is easy to believe.   So look around and see that there is a world outside of your own personal hell.  And when you say, "fine great, but it's not good that is happening to me....I'm still behind, I'm still in debt, I'm still brokenhearted, I'm still in pain....taking in the rest of the world and good things around me didn't make it go away."   Ok maybe not...But what it did show you is the REALITY of the world is huge, and you are not the center of it...And if you can take it a step further and see that we are all one...all part of the same world, then you will see that the good that is happening around you, is also happening to you.

     When you create something.....write a poem, a story, a blog....paint a picture....write a love letter, or even conceive a child....it all comes down to that moment and when you chose to make it happen...and if you waited a day or so, and now you are late, just know there is a reason for that.  You don't know the answer to it yet...but look into the eyes of your own child, and imagine if you happened to conceive a child at any other second...you probably wouldn't have that exact child...

     so...

     Everything is happening the way it is for a reason....but

     There are other things happening too....so take a second to look around and see everything you can....life is so much bigger than you and me....

     Well definitely bigger than me....I can only speak for myself....

      Here's a good thing...I am so grateful to you...for listening to my thoughts and letting me work this all out before I get to new years day.

     And I am grateful that I got behind this weekend, cuz I really enjoyed my time with my daughter...and I actually wrote a blog just now that led me to thoughts I never would have had at any other time....

     So again...thanks for listening....I know I may not be breaking any new ground here...but the truth is each of us don't have to worry about if we are breaking new ground or not...we just have to break it...for ourselves.

  If you want to hear more of my thoughts and poems in spoken word, you can download my album GIVING UP TIME TRAVEL FOR THE RAIN at this link

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/briangaskill2

No comments:

Post a Comment