Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bella

Today is dedicated to you.
Today is dedicated to the spirit of living,
Unconditional Love,
And a dog named Bella.
She taught me how to live.
She taught me how to love.
Really, what else is there?
Some days though
I don't hear her voice, as I make
Stupid choices
That have nothing to do with
Simple truth.
Here's the thing...
Bella lost an eye
Just last year...
But she still wanted to play ball.
Then she got cancer...
Her belly was opened to take it out, but
It's not all gone.
She wore a cone on her head
So not to lick her wounds, but
Bella...The one-eyed dog with cancer
Still wanted to play ball.
Still wanted to love.
Still wanted to be loved.
Still...some days I don't hear her voice, but
Today I hope we all do.
She would say Thanks, and
Kiss you...
Cuddle up to take a nap, then
Wake you in her own special way, as
She uses her cone to throw her ball
In your face, and
Howl,
“So what I have one eye.
So what I have cancer.
Cuz today, like all days,
  I love you, and
  I'm ready to play ball!”
Really, what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment