Wednesday, December 7, 2011

HOLLYWOODLAND


Sitting here with the 
caffeine rush 
of a stereotypical poet
wondering if I should add some gin 
or tequila 
to the mix of 
so-called creativity…
Daydreaming of the window 
right behind my head, 
and what awaits outside of it…
what awaits down the street: 
a street of dreams (broken or otherwise engaged)…
in mt mind
I try not to 
step on any cracks 
as I make my way 
to the shadow of the sign 
that does falsely advertise…
as I arrive 
I’m kept cool 
for a moment…
I even am cool…
for a moment…
But as I look up 
I am enraged 
as I watch the ghosts 
of ancient starlets 
leap off the ghost of land
I reach out my hand…
am I hoping to save one, 
or am I hoping one will take me 
along for the ride, 
or am I just sitting 
spouting off the musings 
of a stereotypical poet 
wishing someone would 
come sit by me 
and kiss me 
before we leap from the land 
that no longer lives…
but first I turn around, 
look out the window, 
and see nothing…

No comments:

Post a Comment