Tuesday, December 13, 2011

red

Okay…
so I can’t think 
of a single damn thing to say
so I’ll just lay one word 
after the other and see what happens…
I’ll see if I can derive the 
proper images from my mind…
maybe the ones I see in 
the horror of my dreams
That tend to leave me 
wasted and wandering through day,
wondering if I slept 
at all, or am I living 
lives on other planes? 
can I rise?  can I rise anyway? 
to this page, and 
spit out Red all over it...

all over this, rip my surreal 
heart out, need for art…
spit it out, and watch it 
spread from the page to 
my broken jeans
Then drip drop to the floor, 
taking on a life of it’s own.
I wanna be that Red…
I wanna enter into it’s shadow
then tip toe without it knowing, merge into Red…
post success, I will lean 
like a wanna-be James Dean
against the don’t-walk 
sign on the corner, looking like 
a poster boy
for burnt out hustlers 
waiting for a trick 
to sweep him away
from every single broken 
dream that all souls in this broken 
town, have come to learn to lie and 
call the dream their friend.

but the real trick is, all the while 
I will be filled with magic Red
that no one can see…not even me, 
and even as I seem to be
fading…inside I am blooming…
blooming Red
A retro/modern rainstorm of Red, 
living in the eye of the hurricane,
I am Red...
and not for a second, 
questioning which way the wind
will blow…
even though 
at any time 
my insides 
can be ripped from me…
I am Red,
And walking down an alien 
shore…waves kissing my strides
In a dance that is one-part 
Cha-Cha another part 
wow…
I hardly can see, 
as I begin to leak and 
paint the seas of other
planets with my single 
soul which found it’s 
home in Red.

Then I sit where I started, 
and believe I fly across 
a checkered floor 
with Ginger Rogers…and flutters of 
the memory of Red in my heart and toes…
eyes closed 
sitting still 
smiling 
pretending 
to be a poet…
but who the hell 
cares, because there is one thing 
I know is real...
now and till whenever 
never comes 
I will always 
be brothers 
with Red.


No comments:

Post a Comment