Wednesday, December 7, 2011

perfect


Deep in the woods...or valley...or desert...
Or maybe high on the mountain.
Whatever works for you.
She sat by a fire, hopefully keeping warm,
But I'm not really sure.
Seeming to be deep in thought,
But maybe that was just the reflection of flames
Upon her cheek.
The way the light darted around,
And here, and there the shadows fell
And maybe they danced with her
Thoughts, dreams, and so on
Or maybe they were asking to dance.
To maybe fill her emptiness
If only for a moment.
Truth is, I'll never really know.
But as she rested her head
Upon the earth,
I caught a glimpse of something
That I think is true...
She smiled, just slightly.
And I thought, maybe she saw me
And me, being a stranger
Somehow did not scare her
Rather, she drifted off in peace
Savoring that moment...
that she could 
still be 
perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment