Wednesday, December 28, 2011

did i say that already?

hey you.
though i don't know who you are
as i watch outside my picture window
and you walk your fifth mile
starting your new year's resolution a few days early
pay no mind to me
because I have to write something down
as I promised myself I would
and for this moment
you will be my muse.
you are everything I could dream
want desire love and expect
with no expectations of course.
excuse me while i walk in your path
following, hoping to step outside myself
and say hello.
it's a simple thing really.
I will jog for a moment to
catch up with your journey
and try to smile and ask you
who you are.
and you will say you are very busy right now
but here's your card
and I will spend all day and night
wondering what any of that meant
and the next day I will
find inspiration from free songs
on the internet
that i will pretend
is a record player...
and feel the need to write a thing
that may almost resemble a poem
and I will write it
even if it doesn't seem like a poem
I will just write to write to write to
maybe discover a new version of
a new split second of a thing called
me...and maybe a thing called you
and then I will suddenly
remember that when I saw that muse
walking past my picture window
she was not really there
it was not even yesterday
that i imagined it..but today
right now...just so I could write
one more thing
that might be a poem
that might open me up
that might encourage me
to enter the outside
world today
and find a
real muse.
a woman
a moon
a morning star
a perfect cup
of coffee
or even
just a fortunate
run of green lights
on the boulevard
telling me it is now time to go.
or maybe a woman.
did i say that already?

No comments:

Post a Comment