Friday, December 9, 2011

little words

I don't care about big words tonight.
I want to make friends with the little words.
they connect everything.
they make life possible.
they in fact are life.
big words are show offs
and don't realize they are nothing
without the little words to tell them
what to do,
and who they really are
when torn open to only beat the heart.
i don't care about the details tonight.
don't give me fantastic descriptions of
who you are or
who i am,
but just that we are.
and it matters.
I can describe you all night long
and try to make you see what i feel
when I think of you
or pretend a part of me
is inside a part of you.
I can tell you who i am and manipulate your brain
till you are me
and see this second of time as i see it,
but I want to leave those big words out tonight.
they bore me right now.  For now...
I want you to do the work.
I want you to see my world
as it is
for you.
I want you to feel your life
in a way that is simple and true.
i want you and I to trust when
we just say life is,
and not define it with some pompous big worded
description...
then it will defy all description.
We can exist without being defined,
but a definition can not exist without we...
you...me...and maybe a little love
for good measure.
because life is
and we are
and right now
is only what you want it to be

No comments:

Post a Comment